Monday, August 09, 2004

Camping at Sandbanks

We wend camping at Sandbanks this past weekend. It was fabulous. The three-hour drive up was great. The kids slept the entire time. Due to a mix up our site for Friday night was different from our site for Saturday night. This meant setting up and tearing down twice in two days. The kids again were very cooperative. The weather started off a bit cold but with the trailer and a campfire it was pretty easy to stay warm. Saturday and Sunday warmed up enough to spend on the beach (and what a beach). In my own personal opinion Sandbank has the best beaches in Canada. I've only seen beaches that come close to this quality in the Caribbean. That would explain why you need to reserve 5 months in advance for these sites. We went with another family that have two kids the same age. Here are some highlights:
- Juliette swimming like a fish (those swimming lessons are really paying off)
- Juliette with her friend and the moms trying to skip
- Juliette being very sad when her friend scratched up her leg
- Making sand castles with amazing sand (with tunnels)
- Making a very deep whole for Nicholas to climb in
- Playing Frisbee with daddy
- Eating ribs & chicken off an open fire
- Taking lots of pictures

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The joy I get from my children is what makes my life as great as it is. Before kids I used to beg, borrow and steal kids to play with, now that I have my own it's everything I've dreamed of and more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sab ,
I started reading from your first entry..the love you have for your children has touched my heart.I cry as I read.Yuor children are so blessed to have you for their dad
Brenda