Friday, December 03, 2004

Juliette's First Report Card

So a few days ago we got Juliette's report card. She's in junior kindergarten 4, which means that they don't actually grade you on anything, it's more of an adaptability assessment. You know, does she play well with others, does she listen to the teacher etc. I am proud to say that she got (the equivalent of) straight As. This should come to no surprise considering her mother still holds the record for being the most desirable student at every school she's ever attended. If there were a Hall of Fame for students for being the best behaved, it would be named after Juliette's mom. To follow up on the "report card", we went in to school for an interview with the teacher. It was a short meeting considering everything they said was positive and parents like that sort of thing so we didn't ask many questions. Some of the highlights were "Not only can Juliette dress herself without assistance from the teacher, she then proceeded to help other kids get dressed as well." And "Not only does she do what she's told, but she also tells the other kids to do what their told". See a trend here. I'm just happy she's having a good time in school and seems to be adapting well to the all-French environment. Now I just hope that Nicholas is more like his mom then his dad in which case I'd expect the same review for him in a couple of years.

No comments: