The kids are sooooo excited about the new baby. They've spent hours cleaning up the baby's room. Nicholas helped me put the crib together and Juliette helped organize their toys. If you ask Juliette what her favourite thing to do right now she'll tell you its organizing and cleaning. I hope this lasts into her teenage years, ok, I know I'll be lucky if it lasts longer than a week. Nicholas has given the baby his bear while Juliette has adorned the baby’s shelf with all of her stuffed rabbits. Of course Juliette would like a girl and Nicholas would like a boy. Whatever the baby turns out to be you can guarantee that it will be well taken cared of and loved by his/her two older siblings. Mom is starting to get tired of being pregnant and Dad is feeling nervous and excited. No matter how many times you do this, a small part of me is afraid that we aren't ready. It's almost like climbing a toboggan hill (my wife doing most of the climbing) and looking down before letting yourself go. It looks a little scary but really fun at the same time. We still haven't decided on a name nor have we gotten the baby clothes from storage. Meanwhile, life goes on like swimming lessons, Chinese school and Nicholas' firs birthday party invitations. I know some day I'll look back on this whole thing and say to myself that they grew awful fast but right now it's hard to believe that.
P.S. If you want to help us pick a name click on the title of this blog or use your own resources and enter it as a comment.
5 comments:
aurora?
BACONETTE!!!!
And, on another note, I have to say that I agree that climbing toboggan hills is quite tiring! That's why I gave up after 3 or 4 rides! :) I dunno how Big does it for 9 months!
Alright, I think we've settled on a girls name (and it's not Baconette or Aurora). Now if we could only figure out a boy's name that both of us like (and of course that isn't already taken by a close friend or family).
I know "Losing" has already been taken, but how could you reject Baconette?? That's stabbing us in the heart!
As for a boy's name, I have a new idea! Take the stereotypical French name of "Jean-Guy" and tweak it a little...voila! You should name your little boy "Bacon-Guy"!! What do you think?? Huh?? Huh???
Suzette, I've told you time and time again. I can't use Baconette because it's a name you obviously adore and would want to keep for your own child.
As for Bacon-Guy, it's out of the questions for two reasons:
1. I hate hyphenated names
2. I'm sure you'll want to use Bacon somewhere in your child's name so I'll have to eliminate it from the list.
Post a Comment