Monday, April 25, 2005

Vandalism

I was checking out the backseat of our car the other day and noticed that the seat had been vandalized. Someone had written a word in pen on the seat. After inspecting it with my wife we had come to the conclusion that it must have been done by someone who had broken into our car. Our theory was whoever wrote the straight-line block letters by repeatedly drawing each line out on top of itself could not possibly be a kid (especially not one of our angel children). We really didn't think Juliette was capable of such a complicated task. The only problem with this theory is that the "vandal" did not bother to write a word that meant anything in particular. A little later, after further inspection I saw a smaller less bold word that spelled out "Juliette". She signed her name to it. I was very disappointed in her and so was my wife. We told her this and she was ashamed. When I told this story to my mom and when I told her of my disappointment she told me that kids tend to do that sometimes. I just hope it's not too often because this feeling really sucks.

No comments: