I am the father of three, Juliette YOB 2000, Nicholas YOB 2002 and Sophie YOB 2005. I want to try and record some stories on a regular basis about my day-to-day activities with my children. I'm hopping that when they get older and ask me for funny stories from when they were little I'll have something to refer to. P.S. The Ultimate in ultimatedad is a reference to the sport.
Monday, August 15, 2005
Wedding Party! Part II
Another weekend and another family wedding. Same thing as the first one but less then half the size. Unfortunately due to the last minute organizing of the event it was almost the same amount of work. The major difference from our point of view was the fact that Nicholas was replaced by my wife's cousin. Sure, at 8 year's old he wasn't as cute, but he was the same size as Juliette who he was pared with for walks down the aisle and pictures. Speaking of pictures the quantity taken at this wedding was incredible. My wife's family is absolutely picture crazy. So much so that of the three "incidents" (which I define as an event where the bride/groom has an argument with a family member/guest) which happened the day of the wedding were all thanks to people either taking too many pictures or not enough. Anyway, the benefit to me was that Juliette got a ton of professional pictures in the various dresses she wore that day. The bride, who is a seamstress, had Juliette dressed up in smaller versions of both the classic North American white dress and a more traditional red Chinese dress. I was bursting with pride by how beautiful she looked that day. Overall it was a beautiful family wedding with plenty of food and a little too much Cognac (for me not the kids).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment