Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Addicted to chocolate

Last night, while preparing dinner, Nicholas and Juliette were building a fort using couch cushions and emptying the toy box which makes the house look like a war zone. We put a stop to that and Juliette complained that there was nothing to do. I suggested that she could help out by emptying the car of the half dozen bags that had accumulated there throughout the day. To our amazement she got up without complaint and complied. Nicholas on the other hand decided it was time to raid his advent calendar. When we told him not to eat chocolate before dinner he said: "but I'm addicted to chocolate". I couldn't believe my ears, the boy knows the word addicted? Apparently this term is used a lot by Mémère when she's asked why she drinks coffee every morning. So Nicholas understands "addicted" as meaning he likes it and therefore should be allowed to have it whenever he wants. I guess being amazed on a regular basis is what having kids is all about.

No comments: