It was thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and we decided to take the kids hiking in Gatineau Park. As a general rule I don't like to hike unless there some kind of reward at the end so my favourite trail is Luskville Falls. The only advantage/problem with this trail is that it's a 2 km climb up the side of a hill to some very picturesque lookouts. In fact at the top you are 100 meters in elevation. Considering we would be hiking with a 2 year old, a 4 year old and a couple of grandparents I wondered to myself if this was really a good idea. Nicholas spent most of the hike in a baby carrier but Juliette, amazingly, did the full 4 km hike all by herself. It just goes to show you that kids can accomplish anything if they put their mind to it. It was a great day spent with the family and I hope we can make it an annual outing.
No comments:
Post a Comment