It's truly amazing how cute children under the age of 5 can be. The other day Nicholas did something that made his parents laugh out loud. Juliette was doing her usual running around the house thing when she fell and hit her head on the corner of a wall. She began to cry, but the tone of the cry was not a hysterical "I'm in a lot of pain!!!" cry, it was more of a "I just hit my head and I deserve some pity" cry. As a result neither my wife nor myself moved a muscle to console her. Nicholas on the other hand was very concerned so he walked over to his big sister and in his most parental/sympathetic voice asked, "What's wrong Juliette", "Did you hit the wall?” "Bad wall"(Nicholas hits the wall with his hand). Now what he said was cute enough to bring a smile to my face but his tone of voice was hilarious. He was doing his best to mimic what parents do when they ask their little one if they're OK. Of course his soothing voice came out so high-pitched I thought he was perhaps a squirrel sucking on helium.
1 comment:
HAHAHAHAHAH....I think we should apologize for the "bad wall" part of your story! Last time we babysat, he fell on the floor and J told him to hit the floor and yell at it. So he slapped his foot on the floor repeatedly saying "bad floor!"...Until he did it so hard that he hurt his foot. :D
Post a Comment