My mom has volunteered an entry this week. Here it is:
The Sunday skiing for Juliette was bitter cold but she loved it and was dressed warm enough to not mind it too much. Nicholas came along with us as well and we tried to bring him out a few times to play in the snow or pull him on his little sled but he found it too cold. So instead, I ran around with him inside the building; he nibbled on small crackers I gave him (he eats like a little bird); he played with some games (a simulation of driving a car); hid among the ski suits for sale as I picked up ski socks for Juliette and him in the boutique and colored in a book that he got. We gave them both a bath after supper and I painted Juliette's toes and fingernails. Combing her hair is a major task but managed to do it. I don't think I could have faced Juliette's hair every morning before going to work if this was my kid! My Mom was smart keeping our hair short. Pépère and I had a great time with these little ones. Juliette couldn't follow me when I told her that I was older than Pépère (by 6 months if anyone wants to know). She still thinks I mean bigger. When I told her my age and said that was old, she said I wasn't old and I loved her for it (but I know she still didn't understand). However, when I told her that Pépère was bigger than me, she disagreed and said that her Dad was the biggest. I then tried to explain tallest and biggest. Language is so confusing at the beginning for a 4 year old but so much fun for us as we try to understand their interpretation.
2 comments:
Juliette last night after swimming finally agreed that next time she goes for a haircut, she will let the hairdresser cut her hair short. Even she's decided that looking like a princess is not worth all the pain.
Being a linguist, my personal favourite kid-language story comes from Nicolas.
Nick: I lub you!
Me: I love you MORE!
Nick: I lub you more more more more more more!!!
A creative way of using the comparative when he doesn't know the superlative!
P.S. Happy (belated) Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your umm...beautifully hand-painted gifts!
Post a Comment