Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Dancing Baby

My life has become extremely busy. The funny thing is it's not even the 3rd child. It's more thanks to work commitments than anything else. Now that I have a little bit of time here are some things that Sophie is doing. As a newborn her job is to eat, burp, sleep (not necessarily at night), poop and look cute. Well if that is the criteria in which to assess her performance as a baby I'd have to give her a perfect 10 on all fronts. People are always asking me how the kids are handling the new addition. The answer so far is better than I could have imagined. Not only are they not showing any baby envy, if anything, they are just as excited to have her around as we are. To them it's like having a family pet. Both kids love to hold her and do miscellaneous jobs to help out. For comic relief I sing a silly song with the lyrics being "la dee da dee da Dancing Baby" while I hold Sophie upright and bounce her around a bit. I tried to sing a real song once but they requested that I use the silly made-up song for all dancing baby performances. Sophie is also adjusting quite well to her new home. She does love to be held though. Sometimes my wife complains that we are holding her too much but I always tell her that you can't spoil a newborn (it's true, look it up). Still, I'm not the one who has to hold her to sleep at 2 in the morning. Well all in all everything is going well. It will nice when it stops raining outside so we can go out to the park a bit more.

No comments: