I am the father of three, Juliette YOB 2000, Nicholas YOB 2002 and Sophie YOB 2005. I want to try and record some stories on a regular basis about my day-to-day activities with my children. I'm hopping that when they get older and ask me for funny stories from when they were little I'll have something to refer to. P.S. The Ultimate in ultimatedad is a reference to the sport.
Friday, October 20, 2006
Hot Peppers
It was an average Thursday night and we were settling down for some sa-la-ma-ju (sour soup), and bok-choi with beef stir-fry. As usual the soup is split up into three bowls: a bland bowl for the kids, an extra-sour bowl for dad and a very-spicy bowl for mom. Juliette and Nicholas we feeling a bit adventuresome and asked to add some extra sour mix to their soup (which I did). Then Nicholas started playing with the tine hot red peppers that mom uses to spice up her soup. Their small cute and red so I understand the attraction but mom warned the boy a few times to put the pepper down before he got some extract in his eyes or in his mouth. Well the thing is, by all accounts Nicholas is an intelligent little boy. The only thing with intelligence usually comes curiosity. So eventually he got tired of playing with the pepper and decided to take a bite of it. After all, how hot can it really be (he must of asked himself). Well he found out in a hurry. There was a bit of a delay then he started reacting. He spit out his food, threw up a bit more and cried, and cried and cried some more. Water doesn’t help, it just makes it worse, so I tried yogurt. Half a liter of yogurt later he was still crying so we tried cheese. The cheese seemed to work and he promised that he wouldn’t be doing that again any time soon and we all believed him. During the entire affair Juliette was laughing her but off and Sophie was just trying to figure out what was going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment