I am the father of three, Juliette YOB 2000, Nicholas YOB 2002 and Sophie YOB 2005. I want to try and record some stories on a regular basis about my day-to-day activities with my children. I'm hopping that when they get older and ask me for funny stories from when they were little I'll have something to refer to. P.S. The Ultimate in ultimatedad is a reference to the sport.
Tuesday, June 08, 2004
Running Laps
Our kids most favorite game is running laps. If your house has a few rooms connected to each other in a configuration where the kids can run in a circle then my kids will love visiting. Both my house and my parents have such a design. We have spent hours since the kids could first walk, running laps around the house and occasionally hiding around a corner to scare the living daylights out of them. The screams of joy and fright are very cute and usually impress any visitors that may be around. Juliette, being the faster runner, is very careful not to knock Nicholas over when she passes him and Nicholas is old enough that I don't have to run with him in my arms when a grandparent or uncle scares him. I'm not sure at what age they'll stop doing this but at my parents house it's suitable for the entire family (grandparents and all). If you google "running laps", you will find another parent writing in a blog about the same thing (click on title). I guess my kids are normal after all :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment