OK, so my kids are too young to really fight just yet. Sometimes my son picks on my daughter but we can usually find a middle ground without too much trouble. Then the other day during breakfast something happened that reminded me of what my mom used to always tell me. I was doing the standard "First one to finish their breakfast wins the race." trick and my daughter did her standard "It's not a race." response. Usually that's the end of that except this time my son responded with one word, "Race". Which my daughter interpreted that this was a challenge to her authority so she became a bit more animated and said, "It's not a race!” Well my son was so impressed with his new power over his sister that he repeated the magic word that caused such a strong reaction and sure enough my 4-year-old daughter fell right into the trap of reacting even louder. This continued for a little bit with me enjoying things from the sideline. I realized that this is the first time but definitely not the last that my son will go out of his way to annoy his sister. It was at this point that I remembered my mom telling me that my brother was doing (insert annoying thing here) just because he knew it would bug me. For some reason I couldn't quite grasp the idea but now that I'm on the outside looking in I can't believe how obvious it is. Also, my son idolizes his big sister and follows her and imitates her in everything that she does. They are great and I love every minute with them.
Yesterday my daughter saw a guy with long hair in braids (with tons of tattoos). She told me how funny he looked and asked me to put it in my Blogger; I told her that I only put funny stories about my kids in my Blogger and besides, that guy was more scary than funny. Then in the bathtub she started folding herself in half and then asking me if it was funny enough to put in my Blogger. At the time I said no but she managed to get the story in here anyway. Boy do I fell like I've been duped or what.
No comments:
Post a Comment