It's been awhile since my last blog and I'm not sure why that is. Funny things happen every day and the kids are as cute as ever but for whatever the reason I've been lacking the motivation to blog. Whatever on to the next chapter.
There are many firsts in a child's life and one of them just snuck up on us totally unexpected. This week was Juliette's first week in kindergarten. The daycare didn't even warn us it was coming. One day I got to daycare (attached to the school and providing before and after school care) and I was informed that Juliette would be with the big kids from now on. Juliette was so excited to be a big kid that she has had no problems with the change. Nicholas however, who is going through separation anxiety since his mom left for a week long business trip is now losing his sister during the days as well. I hope soon he will let me drop him off at school without the waterworks. This morning I even had Juliette give him a pep talk.
Juliette: "Ok, now Nicholas you be a big boy and go to the daycare and I'll be in the big kid room next door. I can come if you need me."
Nicholas: said nothing and continued crying in my arms :(
Other things that happened since my last blog include: Nicholas doing an amazing job at potty training, now if I can only get him to stop playing with himself so much (I've been told all little boys do this). Juliette confessing to us that she loves practising writing letters. She will even write a few on a piece of paper and ask us what is says. Since half the "letters" are not from any alphabet I recognize some of the answers are pretty creative. Juliette riding her bike with training wheels on at high speeds. She's still very scared at the beginning of each ride but every time we go out she gets more and more confident. Nicholas talking French and English. The French daycare is really paying off for both of our kids so far.
1 comment:
That's right, Juliette's 4 now, and then after that comes 5, and then she gets to go to school with the big kids like me!! (or so she told me)
Post a Comment