I find it amazing that my son physically pushes me away so that he can get in the car himself. The boy's head reaches the bottom of the baby seat. He scales the seat of the car using the back of the driver's seat as leverage. Once he is sitting in the seat he leans precariously off the edge to reach for the door to close it himself. Only after he's locked himself in the car does he allow me to put on the seat-belt by reaching from the front seat.
Last night he had trouble sleeping. Around 10 PM he was crying. When I went to him I found he had taken off his pajamas and diaper and was standing naked in his crib. When I asked him what he wanted he told me he had to go pee. Sure enough I brought him over to the potty and he did his thing. After getting him dressed again I put him back to sleep. Sure this story doesn't sound amazing but at 4 years of age, we still need to wake Juliette at night for her to go pee and she still has the occasional accident. For my son to even consider doing it before the age of two is amazing.
Of course some of the most amazing things are the words that come out of their little mouths. Words like "Daddy, are you going to go shoot a deer?"; after picking Juliette up from a 4 year old birthday party "Who are you? I don't know you. You're a stranger."; "What is a nidiot" often asked while I'm driving and my usual response is "The word is idiot honey not nidiot." I'm actually amazed that I've been able to restrict my language to such a limited vocabulary, I just have to hope she doesn't pick out the fact that my wave to other drivers sometimes only has only one finger. "I don't want to die" where I usually respond that she will probably do a lot a things before that happens like having children which usually distracts her from the morbid subject. I know there's tons more but that's all I can think of for now.