Eating
Eating is a very high priority in my family. The kids are expected to eat everything and for the most part they do and more. My daughter has been known to eat everything from lamb, fish eyes, chicken feet and salad. Her favorites are shrimp, rice with Soya sauce and chips. About the only thing she doesn't like too much is spicy stuff and she drinks less milk than I would prefer. At daycare she averages two helpings per day. One day I got a call from the teacher and she told me that my daughter was sick, and the way they new it was serious was that she didn't eat anything for lunch. "That definitely is not your daughter."
My son will eat anything but nowhere near as much. We don't sweat it though, I figure he'll eat when he's hungry and as long has he's not picky that's fine with me.
Too many parents get too many gray hairs trying to get their kids to eat something other than hot dogs and ketchup. It's a power struggle with the child usually getting the upper hand. The one time my daughter didn't want to eat her supper I said fine, go and play. A couple of hours later when she was hungry she gobbled it up, no questions asked.