Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Protest & Nicholas

Protest
It has been noted by one of my short Asian readers, who shall remain nameless, that I have shown favoritism in my Blogging for Juliette. This is not the case, if there is more information on Juliette than Nicholas it's because she's lived twice as long and it's a lot easier to put into words my daily interactions about someone who can talk than with someone who can't. Too address the perception of favoritism I will dedicate today's Blog to the special little guy that is Nicholas.

Nicholas
The boy is tough. He has to be, Juliette enjoys telling him what to do, where to go and how to do it. Who am I kidding, us parents do the exact same thing except we call it parenting. Since the day he was born I could tell when Juliette was bugging him. He had one kind of cry for "I'm hungry, sleepy, my diaper's dirty" and he had a distinctive angry cry for "My sister is bugging me!". Just like any new environment you adapt as quickly as possible. That's why at the age of 1.5 Nicholas can tell me who hit him by name (usually his sister), can scold her and wave his finger ("uh, uh") and say "yesss" or "no, no, no" to any question I have. He has his own ideas and he's not afraid to let people know. Next time you see him ask him any yes or no question and he's likely to have an opinion. I guess he takes after his father in that respect.

Top 6 cutest things that Nicholas does (why 6, why not):
6. Telling people where to go (He pulls on your clothes and points just like a little prince would)
5. Kisses and Hugs (He's a very friendly guy and will kiss and hug almost anybody upon request)
4. Sleeping (A parent loves the sight of a sleeping baby, they're so quite!)
3. Eating (The boy eats cereal with a spoon, without a bib, just like his big sister)
2. Running preferably in oversized rubber boots (Usually accompanied by a smile from ear to ear)
1. Laughing (My absolute favorite sound in the entire world is the laughter of a baby, the younger the better).