When we got home from daycare the other day my daughter asked me if she could play outside (it was a beautiful day). I told her sure as long as it was in the back yard. She wanted to play in the front. I told her she was too young but I couldn't come up with a good excuse to say no so I let her play on the front porch with the screen door open. Soon after I heard her yelling hello. I went to the front door to see who she was yelling at and sure enough it was two women who belong to a halfway house down the street. At first they ignored her but she kept on yelling. Finally the one lady with tattoos all over her arms turned to her and said "You shouldn't talk to weirdos." after noticing me looking out in the doorway she said " Of course your dad is freaking huge and you can talk to however you want because he can kick their ass". That's when I brought her inside and told her "That's why you have to play in the back."
I guess it's time to teach her the stranger danger routine. I hate spewing the media endorsed propaganda that there is a child molester around every corner but the kid has to learn eventually that there are bad people in the world and it might as well be now. It's a damn shame because I know there's lots more good people out there than bad people even if they're a bit crazy.