Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Chinese Zodiac

Ever since I told Juliette that she was born in the year of the dragon she has been fascinated with the scary creature. At one point she insisted that we all turn into our Chinese zodiac animals because she wanted very badly to be a dragon (and who can blame her). I proclaimed, I wanted to be a dragon as well but she responded that I should be a Rat instead (which is my sign). Her mother is an Ox and Nicholas is a Horse. When I told her that you can't just turn into an animal and it doesn't matter how much you "want" it to happen she wasn't impressed.

Today in the car she told me she wanted a pet. I asked her what kind of pet she wanted and she chose a dragon. I asked her what she wanted to feed him and she said horses. I asked her if she would prefer to get another pet like a rat (mom's most hated pet) or even a dog but she was pretty insistent on a horse eating dragon. I explained to her that a horse eating dragon would cost a lot of money so she decided to go for a miniature one like the dragon on Mulan "Mushu". At the end of the conversation I told her that dragons didn't exist but she didn't seem to upset. I think she had already figured that out. On a side note, I did find it a little disturbing that Juliette (the Dragon) chose the horse (Nicholas' sign) as food but I'm sure it was only a coincidence. They get along great.
My link of the day is a picture of a dragon eating a horse (click on the title).

1 comment:

Suzette said...

Maybe I'll buy her a beanie baby of Mushu one day.
Did you know that if you go to google and search for "ultimatedad," that you're the "I'm feeling lucky" hit?? I was very happy the day I found that "zet lee" was the lucky hit as well. :)