I am the father of three, Juliette YOB 2000, Nicholas YOB 2002 and Sophie YOB 2005. I want to try and record some stories on a regular basis about my day-to-day activities with my children. I'm hopping that when they get older and ask me for funny stories from when they were little I'll have something to refer to. P.S. The Ultimate in ultimatedad is a reference to the sport.
Thursday, May 06, 2004
Rice
Our kids eat rice almost everyday. That's because their mom is Chinese and when it comes to cooking, she's taught me everything I know. So at the age of 4 my daughter is an expert on rice. So much so that she has complained to however will listen that the rice at her daycare is just not up to par. I assume they use some instant variety which can't possibly compare the high quality product of a half decent rice cooker. But come on folks, this is plain white rice we're talking about with a little bit of Soya sauce, not lobster or chicken Kiev. How important can quality rice be? Apparently important enough for my daughter to insist that we bring in a sample of "real" rice topped with Kung Fu brand Soya sauce for her teacher to try out in a blind taste test. This amuses her teacher very much and the next day the kids have rice scheduled on the menu perhaps I'll sent a batch to day care for everyone to try out.