Monday, September 13, 2004

Chinese School

Juliette started attending Chinese School on Saturdays. Her knowledge of the language is very limited so we were a bit worried that she would have a miserable time. As it turns out she had a great time. She even told us: "I love Chinese school!” One of her favourite things was the fact that the teacher let her speak English in class if she didn't know the Chinese word (unlike her French daycare). I hope she ends up loving school just like her mom did who was and still is the most perfect student who ever attended class. The story goes, one report card she got back straight As but along with the As she got back straight "A pleasure to have in class" in the comment section of the report card. If Juliette is even half as dedicated, school should be a breeze. To celebrate her first day of Chinese school we went to Chinatown for bubble tea and noodles.Today is her first day of school. I'm sooo glad she didn't take a school bus to get there. I think it would have broken my heart. I can't believe how much food we had to pack for her. It will be interesting to see what she thinks of school and if she managed to finish all her food.

1 comment:

Suzette said...

Heehee, just wait 'til she gets a little older - everyone I know ended up hating Chinese school as a kid! I went when I was a little older and could (somewhat) appreciate what I was trying to learn...the extra high school credits didn't hurt either (2 Chinese credits became part of my top 6 OACs and helped score me a scholarship!).