Monday, September 27, 2004

The Weekend

Yesterday we played ultimate at a city field that had tons of seagulls. The kids love running into a crowd of seagulls and having them fly away. Knowing this my wife encouraged Juliette to run at a large flock that had come to eat some seeds a lady had been throwing. We watched her run off to play until the game started. Next thing I knew Juliette was sitting on the sidelines crying her head off telling us she wanted to go home. Apparently the scary lady had grabbed her and told her what she was doing was cruelty to animals. One of the spectators who was watching our game saw this ran over to rescue Juliette and give the old lady a piece of her mind. By the time I found out about it the lady had taken off. This is a good thing because I'm not sure what I would have done but I guarantee it would have involved excessive amounts of intimidation and lots of colourful words.

Juliette and Nicholas were upstairs Saturday making very little noise. When they came down they were both wearing "princess dresses". Nicholas was in a pink silk evening gown, with no sleeves and a hair clip. He was even wearing princess slipper that must have made walking down the stairs a dangerous ordeal. He actually looked very beautiful dressed as a girl and he had on the proudest smile. This pictures I took will be sure to haunt him at future events such as his wedding.
Nicholas and Juliette had a fight yesterday but it was different from their usual fights. Juliette has no idea how to fight physically. I always thought that it was peculiar but I never thought it was a problem until now. Juliette accidentally kicked Nicholas while wrestling for something. Nicholas then proceeded punch her in the face and pull her hair! He did this in front of his parents and several aunts, uncles and grandparents. Everyone was shocked. Nicholas at the age of 2 and a half can beat up his 4-year-old sister who is twice his size. We then proceeded to remove our children from the outlaw’s household kicking and screaming. This was probably the only time the outlaws had ever seen the kids take all out fits. Up until now they thought of them as angel children. I think we are probably transitioning into a new phase of the of the brother sister relationship. Oh well my theory is if they want to fight together then their day can be spent in their rooms. If they can manage to find a common enemy to focus their attention on (i.e. me) which will push them closer together, than I think I've done my job.

No comments: